What are typical mastermind group discussion topics?
This article focuses on topics for mastermind groups, the way we facilitate them at Tribepreneurs. You’ll find plenty of inspiration for your own group. And if you have already joined our movement, you might learn something new while reading this! But before we go into the topics, it is good to mention there are different types of mastermind groups.
Types of Mastermind Groups
The model is to used help each other gain clarity, install accountability, share resources and challenge each other to grow. If these elements are not present, it is not really a mastermind group. Another secret element that is often not mentioned but just as important is bringing in the infinite intelligence of the universe … That TOO is an important part of mastermind groups.
Mastermind groups can be used for personal growth, learning a new skill, improving your social dynamics or for the development of your business. This article focuses on the latter.
Mastermind Group Discussion Topics
It depends on the focus of your mastermind group, which topics you want to discuss. Here is a list to give you an idea of topics to focus on:
- Marketing & Sales – Lead Generation and Sales Process
- Branding – Look and Feel of the Company
- Strategy – Core Values, Mission and Vision of the Business
- Business Administration Processes – Effectiveness and Automation
Personal Growth and Development Topics
When you want to achieve a state of High Performance on a personal level, focus on the following topics (see ‘High Performance Habits’ by Brendon Burchard)
- Clarity – Do I know what I want and how I want to feel, now and in the future?
- Energy – Do I have all the energy I need to do what I want?
- Necessity – Without necessity, no performance
- Productivity – How is my work flow? Do I focus? Where can I gain?
- Influence – Role model and teach others
- Courage – Being vulnerable and honoring the struggle
Free Mastermind Questions Form
Mastermind Group Discussion Questions
A mastermind group is all about growth but as human beings we tend to avoid the pain that comes from stepping out of our comfort zone. Our brain is hardwired to seek pleasure and avoid pain right? When you know this, you understand that asking the right questions is very important. By confronting each other with the obvious yet uncomfortable, you will be challenged to show up. You will face that which you might not want to face but know will help you the most!
It is always up to the person in the mastermind group hot seat to determine what he/she needs the most in that moment. This may range from getting unstuck, reducing overwhelm, to gathering new ideas or sharing each other’s resources (e.g. network/skill sets). However, there are moments someone just needs a lot of encouragement and support. The other day in one of our sessions someone expressed this by saying “I’m just going to be very selfish right now. Please tell me all the things you admire about me. Tell me what is great about me and shower me in love and recognition.” After blasting him for 5 minutes with love and recognition, the whole energy of the group was heightened.
Mastermind Hot Seat Questions
To inspire you, here is a list of questions that you can ask someone in the hot seat:
- What is your ULTIMATE question for the hot seat?
- Why is this important now?
- What have you already done about this?
- What do you need most from the group?
- What is that you cannot see?
- In an ideal world without limits, how would you deal with this?
- What is holding you back right now?
- Do you have enough clarity/energy/necessity/productivity etc to do what you want to do?
- If you would be your best friend and you have to give advice, what would you say?
- What is the feeling you are after?
- Are you distracting yourself away from your main goals?
- Do you need any accountability?
- What can we do as a group to help you progress in the next two weeks?
Managing the Discussion – Having a Trained Facilitator
You can see that these questions vary a lot. It is very important to have an experienced facilitator. He or she will ‘peel off’ the start of the hot seat to make sure that what the person says they need is actually what will help them the most. Often members are after a change in feeling state but approach it from a very mental level. The art of masterminding is to help unravel the ULTIMATE question. A well-trained facilitator has these skills and will greatly increase the effectiveness of the mastermind group.
Hopefully, this article has helped you to get more out of your mastermind sessions. If you want to learn more you can come to one of our Mastermind Try-Out Sessions